Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, June 03, 2016

On The Needles


I knew it had been a long time since I've done an On The Needles post but I didn't realize how long ago it was. September 18!!! The knitting slump has been over for a bit but I've been too lazy to post. I'm in hat mode right now.  I found this cute pattern for a Floppy Brimmed Hat and knew I had to make one for Clella. I found a fun Red Heart With Love yarn and knew it would turn out cute!


And it did! But she hasn't tried it on yet. I've said before that I am an awful passenger and I must do something to keep my focus off all the the road hazards and big trucks. So the first photo was taken at the end of our driveway and by the time we got to the campground, the hat was almost finished.


A while back someone posted this hat pattern called Wherever It Points. 4 skeins of yarn is supposed to make 4 hats. Hat one is the blue brimmed hat. I wish I would have used the green for the center band instead of the top but it's finished and someone somewhere will wear it. I'm about half done with hat 3 and wonder if there will be enough yarn left to make the 4th one. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease.  Crystal has already nabbed the white brimmed hat.

I did start a Rainbow Trout hat but a little ways in to it, I ripped it out. It isn't a travel friendly pattern for me so I will start over on it at home and work on something else on the road.

Maybe I should start a pair of plain Jane socks for the travel bag. Those are always fun to work on and I do have some fun yarn.

Check out what others are doing at Patchwork Times. I love the color of Judy L's yarn.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I always keep a bag of knitting with a pair of socks for car travel time. Just a basic pattern, no frills to it, for brainless, keep the hands occupied knitting time.

carol fun said...

The hats look great! I NEVER leave home without a little knitting project...usually socks... it keeps me sane when when I have to wait and keeps my blood pressure to a reasonable level ...LOL!

Annie said...

What an incredibly fun hat for Clella! She must have a wonderfully fun personality. Of course I like the other two hats as well. You knit beautifully, Judy!

Deb said...

Love the floppy hat.

Gari in AL said...

Love your hats. My sister would be ecstatic over the brimmed hat and I love the more traditional hats. I need to start one so I have a new one for next winter.