Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Design Wall Monday


I finally was able to lay Millefiore outside to see my progress in full
Needless to say, I was pretty excited.
I made my (final?) decision on colors and hope I don't change my mind again.


I think Rosette 11a may be my favorite,
but I've said that about each one.


I made a bonus block for The Splendid Sampler.
I still need to set up my machine for the applique blocks.
Maybe today.


It wouldn't be any fun if there wasn't a great big whoopsie in my world.
I paper pieced the center of Micheal's Block.
Then I started to sew the units together and found this.
I decided since this project was all about learning, 
I would cut the itty bitty pieces and make a new center.
I was shocked at how easy it went together.


I was really excited when I counted my half square triangles for Jamestown Landing.
As soon as this last bunch is trimmed, 
I will move on to the next step and start making the blocks!
I'm thinking it might be time to recover the ironing board first. 

I'll be linking up with Patchwork Times today.
I love touring Blogland on Monday.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad I can comment from my phone. Computer being Dumb today. I can't link up to Judy. Her Post isn't showing yet. Love the Mileflore. It's ok to love each part as you make it. Good to fix tge boo boo. Have fun making your Jamestown Landing. Fun projects today.

Ramona said...

Your Millefiore is gorgeous! I love the colors you are using. Quilting will always be a learning experience, won't it? If we don't continue learning, I guess we aren't quilting!

Melissa said...

Love it all. Jamestown Landing is also on my list... But I really want to do Smith Mountain Morning first :) Too many quilts to do, so little time left, I think I need to live more than 100 more years to get it all done :)