Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I Wasn't Going To Do It But...


...my friend Mel posted her center block on her blog and I had to follow the link.........Darn it Mel!!! *giggle giggle  You've inspired me to join in! 



Lori at Humble Quilts is having another Quilt ALong. You can find the beginning info in this blog post.  As soon as I saw Karen's block picture in the link up post, I decided I was going to jump in. I went directly to my go to basket block on the free pattern page on the Quiltville blog. I knew I wanted to add neutral strings for the corner triangles.

I am so glad I joined in this QAL. I'm excited about the next step. My first part will be to add a border to get this block into a usable for me measurement with a border that works for step 2. The wheels are spinning.  I love that there are no rules, only guidelines!

Thanks sew much Mel, I can't wait to see how we do step 2. Sewing with friends is the best!!! Who can I persuade to join in???  And Thank You Lori for hosting another QAL, they are always sew much fun!

I'm going to add my link to the others at Humble Quilts.

20 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad I could help :))

Magpie Sue said...

What a cheerful basket! I love your color choices. I also love the strings for the background triangles. :- )

Mary said...

I'm sorry I am trying really hard to resist. You tempt me too much! Cute Basket.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandi said...

Fun basket, interesting to see what people are creating.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Glad you are joining in!

gayle said...

Yay! Glad to see you and your basket!

Martha said...

I'm so happy to see some pieced baskets, and I love your colors and the clever background.

Danice G said...

Very pretty basket. I am also doing my basket on-point. Yours is so colorful. This really is a fun QAL :)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love those colors! Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love it! So glad you are joining us!

Karen said...

Love the plaid basket.

Lori said...

Super cute and the string background is the best!

Ramona said...

I like where this is going! Your basket and background are great!

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely start!
I am desperately trying to resist :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Pretty basket! :)

Rebecca in AK said...

Great basket block! I love your fabric choices and the string pieced setting!

Sharon said...

Love your plaid basket! I'm glad you're joining in on the QAL....this is going to be fun!

Angie in SoCal said...

Striking basket. Love your neutral strings - they make your basket shine.

Nancy said...

That's a fun, bright basket you've created. The strings in the background just add to the interest of the block.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)