Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Design Wall Monday


Here is a quick design wall post. I did my small online group BOM late Saturday night. The new block is the one on the top left.

I am using 2 background white on white fabrics and the colors are brights that I pull from my scrap bin only. No cutting into new fat quarters or yardage.

Now that I am sitting here looking at the blocks, the pink and green one bothers me a bit. But before I make another one, I'll wait to see what the other 6 end up looking like. Who knows, after 6 more months, I might like it. ;)

Head over to Patchwork Times and check out everyone else's design walls. Get a snack and something to drink first...you may be here a while.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Good use of the scrap bin and you probably should wait before changing any until they are all done, I think they are all very nice.

Paula said...

Waiting is a great idea. Sometimes we have a prejudice against a block and at some point we learn to love it. It will also make a difference when you see it amidst the other blocks. So, yeah, I agree. Just wait a bit and see. Love those scrappy quilts!!!

Cathy said...

Lovely blocks. Looks like it will be a pretty sampler. Is it a public online group. I'm discovering a liking for BOM's, although adding another probably wouldn't be a good idea. On the other hand, can a quilter ever do too many quilts? Naaaaa. LOL

Kathie said...

I especially like the new block

Kathie L.

Diane said...

good for you just using scraps-I say I'm going to do that and then I cheat.
I really like the 9-patch layout of the middle block bottom row-like how it spins

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Very interesting blocks

Gari in AL said...

Just think what fun you are going to have finding a fabric to pull all those blocks together. I love BOMs and your's looks like it is fun.

Dena said...

I think once you get more pink colors in your block collection it won't stand out as much. Would you like to do mine? I'm behind and still need to assemble December's and January's... And we're going to be getting February's in a week or so. I'm so hopeless! LOL