Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quiltathon Progress


Judy at Patchwork Times is hosting another Quiltahthon this weekend. I have been quiltathoning along and have made a little progress.
Saturday was the Clark County Quilter's Stash Builder's Bazaar. I met my friends early and we started to shop. Oh did I shop! It is a Stash Builder's Bazaar after all. I came home with 3 bags full (Bah, Bah, Black Sheep, have you any wool?) of great fabric, strings, strips, a book, 3 patterns and inspiration.
We had planned to all meet for lunch but I started feeling horrible so I came home and took a nap. Feeling better, I got busy on my string blocks. I finished them and then went outside for a while. It was a very nice spring day and me and the dogs needed the fresh air.
Hubby is taking the final training for his certificate to be a Hunter's Safety Educator. I am spending most of the weekend alone. Poor me! I think not! This morning, I gave myself until 10:00 to work in the sewing room and I got 3 rows put together with 3 ready to go. Bindings are cut and pressed so this gem will be complete in no time. I need to do a few things around the house and then I will go to Grandson Jonah's 5th birthday party. I embroidered a dirty 4 wheeler on a sweatshirt for him. I hope I get a picture of him with the shirt on. Reminder to me: Put camera in your bag! (I put the camera in my bag and left my bag with the camera in it locked in the car. He liked his shirt I think but he liked his new motorcycle more!)
Hope your day is filled with sunshine.

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Busy Busy Busy - nice blocks.

Mary Johnson said...

Very bright and cheery! I'm anxious to sew some more string blocks but I've been working on other projects this past weekend. Maybe I'll squeeze in a few today.

Valarie said...

Love your blog and your quilts are beautiful. I too want to make the string bean quilt but it will have to wait until winter now. My summers are jam packed. Valarie