Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

No More Flu At My House!


This has been an interesting week. We have both recovered from the flu bug and it is not welcome in the house again! Ever! I know hubby is a better nurse than I am but I am a better patient. I just want to be left alone. Don't tell me I need to eat or drink anything. Just let me be. He is a whiner. I'm sorry you don't feel good, I'm sorry nothing tastes good, I'm sorry you feel horrible! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Now go back to sleep and leave me alone!

I finished my string quilt Thursday (while I was hiding from hubby) and will give it to a local charity. I have enough strings in the basket to make at least 2 more quilts and I have 5 bags of strips and strings that I bought last week at the bazaar that I haven't opened yet. One bag is crammed full of blue and cream fabric so I will save that one for a project by itself. Maybe, maybe not.
I need to start making a list for the retreat. It's going to be May 7th before I know it. I can't wait to spend time with my quilty friends. Spending time at a retreat is good for my soul. I'll still have to come home during the day to let the dogs romp outside for a while and I will probably come home to sleep. It is only a few miles and my bed is so nice.
Now I am going to go grind some wheat and bake some bread......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I would love to go to a bazaar that sells strips and strings!

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great Judy! I love the choice of sashing fabric.

Judy S. said...

Nice quilt, Judy! I like the colors. Mmmmmm, homemade bread sure sounds yummy!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely quilt - ohhh that bread sounds good.

Brenda said...

I am so glad you and hubby are feeling better. I found when I was not feeling good a couple months ago, I did alot of mindless sewing, and that seemed to help me feel better!!
I have never done a string quilt.... I like yours and the cream and blue strips, that sounds like it will be a pretty one too. I love the pic. of the green and 9 patches in the post about you not feeling well.
Stay well, and have a great week!

Unknown said...

Im glad you are feeling better - the quilt is gorgeous! :)

Debbie J said...

I love this quilt. The sashing made all the difference. My favorite quilts are scrap quilts and I have lots of scraps saved up for quilts like this.