Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday's Design Wall


It's Friday and I have new things on my design wall. I've been spending time this week jumping around from project to project.
I decided yesterday to clear off my cutting table. There were little 3" blocks that I had left over from 2 Quiltville mysteries. I took those parts and with some other scraps, created the 6 blocks on the right side of the wall. These will go into the orphan box with some other blocks. Someday, they will become a quilt.
I love string quilts and on Wednesday, we started talking about them. So this morning, I found the link with a great tutorial and sent it to my freinds. Jan at Sew Many Quilts - Too Little Time, has written this tutorial for Quilt As You Go blocks. I think it's wonderful that she is has such a following with her tutorial and QSYG blocks and that she is doing such good for the victims of the bush fires. Take the time to read her blog. You will want to help, if not there then find a local charity that needs your help.
After sending the links to my friends, I started looking at my baskets of strings and scraps. I found a huge yellow cotton print curtain. I started to tear it apart, you know--snip, tear, snip, tear......and then I had a thought! There was enough fabric in that one curtain to use for the back and the binding of a string quilt. I have a box full of batting scraps from trimming quilts and so I got busy. Just this afternoon, I have made these 7 blocks.
Hubby is at a class this evening and I think I will work on this until he gets home tonight. I was going to go into town and get dinner but I think I'll heat up some soup and call that dinner.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nice blocks - you've been busy.