Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 06, 2009

I Found The Bears



I just finished quilting my Where Are The Bears quilt. Yeah!!! This is going to Grandson Ian. The pattern is now for sale at Sunshine Quilts. I hope Judy creates another quilt for a quilt along. This one was lots of fun. And there are some gorgeous quilts that you can find links for here.

It was very important to me to use all fabric from my stash and I knew I wanted a flannel back. I made all the kiddos flannel pillow cases for Christmas so I pieced some of my extra flannel using Mary's Off Center 4 Patch method--sort of. Looking back, I wish I would have made it a 6 patch by sewing the camping fabric to the other side, but it's too late now. I'm happy I found bears to make it offiially a bear paw! I knew they would be there somewhere. A bear paw quilt should have some bears and bear paws don't ya think?!?

Later today I will sew the binding on and stitch it down Wednesday at Marian's. Or if I get extra ambitious, I'll sew it down before then! But now I need to go grocery shopping. Yippee.

Thanks Judy, I hope we have another play date real soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, this is so beautiful! I can't believe you've already finished your quilting -- you are really quick! Your grandson will love it. Take care -- Dianne B. in England

Judy S. said...

Very nice, Judy. I found your link on Judy L.'s site when in surprise I saw a quilt made by Judy in WA....since I knew I'd not made one! Which part of our fair state do you call home?

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

oh that is so pretty - I just love the soft look of it.

Kucki68 said...

MyGuy loves having flannel backs on the quilts, so I indulge him. The Bears turned out really nice!

Scrappy-Quilter said...

very nicely done - love it and the pieced backing - great stash busting in the process there. My project is not quite done yet. Lack that last step. Hopefully I will get to it soon.

Suzanne said...

I like that you already have the backing made too...great colors!