Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Not Much To Post About But ...


Here is another picture from our road trip last Friday. Several years ago, we would take the diesel powered motor coach (our converted school bus) and park beside the river to go sturgeon fishing. I loved to sit out and watch the ship and barge traffic up and down the Columbia River. I miss those trips. I told Hubby it's time to take weekend trips again but with the garden season coming up and his work season hopefully going full speed ahead, it might not be as possible as I want it to be!
Today I'll take Mr. Tony to the vet for some very necessary but unmanly surgery. Poor Baby! Then I will do some shopping at Freddie Meyer's to pick up the sale items and browse around while I wait for it to be time to arrive at Marian's. I am going to finish stitching the binding down on Ian's bear paw quilt.
I worked on UFO #27 yesterday. It is Quiltville's Orange Crush Mystery. It only needed the borders and I don't know why it became a UFO. Probably something very exciting came along and I was going to get right back to it. I figure if it takes 3 borders, that's 12 pieces--the pieced border was already done and ready to put on--and I put on 6 pieces. Hopefully today I can get the other 6 on. The binding is made and the backing fabric is out and ready to make.
Now I need to get to gettin'.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

We love watching boats on the Columbia, too. I didn't know that it has sturgeon. Those are big fish! How's the weather your way? We've finally had some springlike temperatures. Yeah! I'll be interested to see your orange crush quilt; that's a color I don't use very often. This month's theme at CED is color, and I've been thinking I should branch out!

Librarynan said...

Hey, Judy... I really like the snowy wolf fabric on your Bearpaw! Isn't it great how they all turned out so different? I love living in the PNW, I'm almost on the North Umpqua.