2017 Finish List

Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Do You Know What Day This Is?


Yes, it is Good Friday. It is also the day for the next UFO # to be picked for our small online group. Why am I so exited??? Because I am on a mission to reduce the number of UFOs I have. I want FOs!!!

This is UFO #7. I started this in October 2007 at a quilt retreat. And you guessed it, it's another design from Bonnie of Quiltville fame called Diamond-In-A-Square Strings. I framed mine different from Bonnie by using a different 2" strip around each block.



I remember how intrigued some of the gals were with my sewing on old phone book pages so I did a quick lesson. I don't know if anyone else has made this project but I do know that I turned some of the ladies on to Quiltville's site.
This has been sitting in my to be quilted pile for far too long. I have some flannel that was given to me and I will use that for the back and then the quilt will be donated. Now I am excited to get it finished.
I have another pile of strings on phone book pages that I have been working on. I have the layout in my head. I hope I don't loose it in there. I will take these with me to the next retreat and work on them there. It's a great project for chatting and sewing.

5 comments:

Mike, Crystal, Peanut & Maemae said...

Donated to me? Or Ell or Mae? Or Mike? Mike hasn't gotten a quilt from you...ever. Why don't you love him like you love everyone else who's gotten a quilt from you??? ~C

Piecefulafternoon said...

Oh I like your setting much better - it is so homey.

Cherold said...

Judy, I LOVE your setting...think I will use that in one of my projects!!
Can't wait to see you next month...
hugs,
CheriS

Sue the KB said...

Me thinks Crys is a WHINER!!! It is a cool pattern, you'll have to splain the phone book page thing to me in blondeeze :)

Want to know a funny? The word verification on this post is "ingstr" untangle those for "string"! He he he.... string quilt! I think I need a nap!

See you soon!
Sissy

Keyamoni said...

I don't know.