Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Design Wall Monday


Do you make deals with yourself? I do. All the time. I finished the Pinwheel quilt the other day and said I was going to get the Pieced Hexi quilt basted and quilt it next. But...the backing still needs to be made and Patches and Posies is on the UFO Parade list and it's smaller and everything is right here, ready to pin baste and PH is big and PP is older and screaming at me!   PH will be next.

So here we are. I'm practicing my echo quilting. OH BOY! I need practice!! I figure I won't get any better until I do it. I'm doing it. I'm echo quilting. Block 3 looks lots better than block 1.

Last week I planned to:
  • Finish the pinwheel quilt  DONE 
  • Work on Friends and Companions.  Nope
  • Work on Wishes.  I looked at it, assessed how much background I have and need to do some thinking about different borders. This is a stash quilt and I still have quite a bit of the bright print so I'm thinking piano keys...maybe.
This week:
  • Retreat starts Thursday.....Can't wait. How many Pineapple Crazy blocks can I get made in 4 days without going crazy!
  • Finish Patches and Posies
  • Mail 9 patches for swap
  • Make back for Pieced Hexies.
See fabulous design walls at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Have fun at Retreat. I just got back Saturday from 3 fun sewing days with my Guild. Guild Mtg is tomorrow so we can share some of what we did at the Retreat then. I make deals with myself too. I need that to keep me motivated on a few of my UFO's too.

Podunk Pretties said...

Yep I make deals with myself all the time. Not that it does any good, because it's easy to break the deal, I'm mean really what's gonna happen! ;) Oh well at least we try! Good for you working out of comfort zone, that's not easy for some folks, some just stay comfortable and wish. It's looking good, love the posies!

Sylvia said...

I make deals every day. And then a new deal the next day to fix what I didn't get done the day before!

Terri said...

Where do you live in WA? I'm moving to Vancouver in a few weeks.
Hugs

Kari Nitzel said...

I try to negotiate deals but they always get broken. Thanks for the idea of echo quilting, I was trying to figure out how to quilt a top and that just might work. Happy Quilting!

Judy S. said...

Deadlines sure help me. I love your P and P quilt!

Suzanne said...

I am the same way. Hope you had a wonderful time at retreat!