Remember back at the beginning of the month when this little beauty came to live with me? I've wanted to set her up to be my main machine but haven't gotten around to it.
Until this morning. I decided to just get to it. First things first, it had to come out of that nasty base. But I couldn't figure out how to do it. So I asked on the Vintage Sewing Machine page on Facebook. Within a few minutes I had some suggestions. See those 2 screws? I didn't see them until someone mentioned it. So within a couple minutes of finding out about them, I had the base off. Then the real fun began.
Bonnie Hunter has talked about the Sewing Mates Sew AdjusTable several times. I broke down and ordered one a while back. After just a few adjustments, I had the table just right for this machine. The best part is if I use another machine, I don't have to buy another table, just adjust this one-pretty cool. I got my quarter inch guide set and started sewing on my card trick block for my Row Quilt that I am making as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Today I am going to see how many blocks I can finish up between laundry and garden. So far, 1 done.
See other great Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects at SoScrappy.