Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, June 03, 2013

Design Wall Monday


Happy June!!  I just turned on the TV to catch the weather and I'm thrilled there is no rain in the outlook for the week.  That means the garden will finally get everything planted in it.  I'm way behind most everyone. Like normal!

On my little design wall is this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge block for my Row Quilt. Using this block for my leader/ender means each block will have to be laid out and carefully put back where it belongs. On the sewing table are my bow tie blocks ready to be sewn into rows 1 and 2.

See that orange J on my tablet?  That is my note to tell me where I am on my latest tablet viewing. I discovered the BBC series The Great British Sewing Bee. Someone posted it on Facebook-I couldn't resist. It can be found on YouTube here.  I am a long time fan of Project Runway but so far, this series is so much better. Mainly focusing on the sewing and not the drama.

I'm going to spend some time in Blogland this morning. See Judy L's great design wall and those of others at Patchwork Times today.

8 comments:

Mary said...

I wondered how your Yellows would play in a Card Trick. It's all about the high contrast. You must have good service to watch the BBC from your Tablet. I will be in Blogland a while this AM too.

Rhonda said...

I love the yellows in your blocks!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I LOVED the sewing bee too...can't wait for the next season! And look forward to more sunny yellow sewing!

Annie said...

I love what your color yellow is turning into!

straythreads said...

Love the yellow can't wait to see if finished bow ties are great too!!

scraphappy said...

Keeping things organized is the hardest part of leaders and enders. I hope your cards all come back together again at the end.

Gari in AL said...

I don't have any time for it but I subscribed and will check it out tomorrow. Now, plant something for me. I have a black thumb.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your yellows - but using a "Card Trick" block for your leader/ender? - you are a brave woman!! - ;)) Have you thought about sewing your bow tie blocks into 4-patches instead of rows - and then the 4-patches into 16-patches and so on? - might be easier than rows - ;))