Friday, May 03, 2013
The other morning I spent some time with my Kitchener stitch notes and some quiet concentration and stitched the toes closed to both completed sock 1s. Saturday night, Prince Henry sock 2 came along to the Safari Club International Banquet. I have such a hard time just sitting that I knew I could work on this while the speeches and auctions were happening. I made pretty good progress, starting at the marker.
I had to cast on this sock 2 because I just had to know how it would behave. I think I did pretty good getting my stripes to sort of match up but honestly it didn't matter to me if they did or didn't. I just wanted to try. I only had to wind off part of the dark section and all of the white. When I'm done, I'll just wind all the leftover yarn onto this little ball. I need to hurry, both pair need to be done by the end of May.
Last week Gail showed this shawl on her post using her leftover sock yarn, so you know I now have another project on my list!
So my yarn for the Pooling Sock Yarn Challenge is mostly a bust but I sure had fun hoping to get some results. I guess I only succeed at pooling when I'm not trying.
See other fabulous On The Needle projects at Patchwork Times.