Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

And Then There Were Two


Yesterday afternoon we fixed up the new pen for Henny Penny and her new family.  I took her and Ernie was going to get the baby and the eggs.  A new chick had just hatched out.  She is from Miss Blue who liked to lay her eggs next Henny Penny.  I was quite sad when he said there were 2 that didn't make it.  So now we are waiting on the 3 remaining eggs.  I know there is at least one more from Miss Blue.  I'm wondering if any will look like Henny Penny.


I don't want the turkeys to feel left out.  Today is their 2 month birthday.  They are so fun to watch.  We let them out of their pen sometimes and they follow us right over to the big pen to hang out with the chickens.  Then at night, I go out and call them and they come right to me and follow me back to their home.  It's never dull around here!

If you enlarge this picture, you can see Proud Pappa Fred in the back.  I'm hoping at least one of the chicks looks like their father.  I never thought I would feel this way about chickens.  They just make me happy!

Today is retreat day one.  I'm so glad I live close so I can come home and check the babies.

No comments: