Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Design Wall Monday


This weekend I panicked. The deer quilt is not finished. The picnic where this will be won is in 3 weeks. I knew I was going to use all the deer fabrics I've had left from the previous quilts so I got them out, measured the big chunks and started scratching my head.

Then I remembered I have EQ7 but have no clue how to draw up something with big pieces. So I did it the easy way for me, I just sized a square to 5" and colored the patches for the sizes of fabric I had. Then I started making fabric from the smaller hunks.  (I already know what I want to do with a stack of fat quarters I won at retreat. Can't wait to play with that design!)

Now both sides are sewn together, waiting for that long seam to be sewn and pressed.  Then it's cut a piece of batting, wind some bobbins and get to loading this beauty.  It's pouring rain here so today is a good day for quilting.

See other great design walls here at Patchwork Times.  

2 comments:

AnnieO said...

Using your brain AND technology--you are outwitting the rest of us with our pencil and paper :) Good luck with your fast finish, I know you'll make it!

Quilter Kathy said...

You have loads of time...no rush!! LOL