Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, September 14, 2012

On The Needles



 I finished the Baby Beanie
Quick, easy and cute.
I did modify the little top knot.
I made a 4 stitch i-cord instead of following the pattern directions.


I got past half way on this scarf.  
It won't be a hooded scarf.
I don't want the wearer to look like a skunk.
So she will be able to wrap this scarf instead.
See that gob of black yarn on the left?
This is what I really dislike about this huge skein.
Too many times, big gobs have to be untangled.
I won't be buying huge skeins again.


Blurry picture of my to go sock.
Weekend runarounds make it possible to knit quite a bit.
Now I will settle down in my recliner to get the heel turned
and the gusset knitted before it goes back into my bag.
I need to put another project in there for this weekend.
You know, just in case we have to go somewhere!

See other On The Needles posts by visiting Judy L at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Good grief but that little baby beanie is so flippin' cute!

Judy S. said...

Cute hat! That's my favorite hat finish also. Did you use a striping yarn?

Nancy said...

Great projects. The hat is darling with the top knot.

straythreads said...

love the bumble bee socks
Ann

Mary said...

Cute beanie hat! Love the sock yarn.

Judy D in AZ said...

Love the bright little beanie!