Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, September 03, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Sometimes I have too many irons in the fire. Like right now. I should settle down with one project and work it through but I know I won't.  If I could do that, I wouldn't have a stack of UFOs, of ongoing projects or any hand sewing projects. And besides, that would not be fun.


These are my 8 Pineapple Crazy blocks I am working on right now. I want to get myself so I am working in groups of 10, these are blocks 8 through 15.  I started out just making 2 to see if I really wanted to do this.  After these, I'll do 5 more, then I can start my group of 10 at a time.  Groups of 10 blocks pinned together make the counting and keeping track so simple.


This is my September UFO for the 2012 UFO Challenge.  I started this one February 2011.  I have a stack of blocks to trim and I think I'll make a few more to make this a nice sized couch quilt.


And I am working on this wall hanging. I need to get out my green scrap box and find 4 good pieces to complete the ground section.  Then I can start on the 76 off white pieces for the middle section.  

Never a dull moment in my sewing room!  How about your's? What's on your design wall? See others at Patchwork Times.  I love Monday in Blogland! 


13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Lots of good stuff going on in your room! Those pineapple blocks are going to be so beautiful. Slowly but surely you will get them done.

Teaquilts said...

Enjoyed your blog today. I was so in the need to see scrappy projects and you provided. I work on multiple projects and have over 100 UFO, with at least 40 top that need to be quilted. I don't worry about the stack anymore, as long as I'm having fun. When it bothers me I'll decide what to do at that time. Enjoy your quilting (and keep posting because I enjoy seeing your projects.)

Nina Marie said...

have you noticed how popular hexies are getting - so glad English pp is coming back!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

You never can have too many ideas (projects) going at one time. Who knows when you might need to take a break from one and work on another. Love all your scrappy projects. Those green hexies are going to be terrific.

Barb in Mi said...

Love the Pineapple blocks - have to try it one day.

Annie said...

I saw your wall hanging plan yesterday but could not get through all blogger's hiccups to make a comment. That is going to be such an awesome work! I can't even get myself past thinking of making even one hexie let alone a dang bunch to create something. Even enough for a postcard is too many for me to even want to think about. But I will totally enjoy watching you create your wall hanging.

Coloradolady said...

I agree, lots going on and a lot not getting complete around here! I love your hexies....I have not made a single one, but am wanting to!! Happy Labor Day

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

OH Judy, you are like the rest of us, lots of UFO's to keep us from getting bored. Glad you keep starting new ones too, keeps us all from feeling lonely. Love all the projects!

Marei said...

You can NEVER have too many projects going, Judy! I just counted up the ongoing/in process projects in my room.....NOT UFOs....and I counted 16. All begun in the last 3 weeks, and they'll all be finished in the next 2....Really...I mean really?!
mdmontalvo@yahoo.com

Kate said...

Love all your projects. The green hexies are beautiful. Sometimes I think more gets done when I'm not working on just on thing.

Pokey said...

Love all the scrappy goodness! You will never be bored, lol
:-}pokey

Gari in AL said...

I really like your string blocks. I have a small box of them that I keep thinking I am going to get back to, if I ever get the UFO's I am working on completed. I, also, love having several projects going at once so that I can choose what I want to work on each day. That works until I have a deadline and then I have to put everything aside and complete something. But I like that, too, because I LOVE a sense of accomplishment.

Sarah said...

LOVE your hexie wall hanging project! I hope you'll share it and your progress at my next monthly hexie linky party on the 17th.