Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 01, 2018

Design Wall Monday




After finishing the tumbler quilt last week,
I am in the mood to quilt!
Problem was I need to cut batting and make a couple backs.
During the week, I made 2 backs so
yesterday was the day to cut batting. 
I lugged out the big roll of batting and dropped it on my bed.
Before too long, I had 4 quilts cuddling with their batting and backs.
Most of the binding is already made,
I just have 1 that has the strips cut but not sewn or pressed.


This quilt is big. and will use up most of the 98" width of the backing.
I used a sharpie to mark the top of each piece.
I don't want to get it almost all pinned and notice that something is turned wrong.
Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.


Funny thing about basting Millifiore is that she was the August UFO.
I did nothing to her except get her off Mt. ToBeQuilted.
Same with Grandmother's Choice Sampler -she was July's UFO.
That sweet little 30's sampler, she was included in my grand plan
with these other 2 on August 1!
Sometimes my grand plans go south on me! 

So what if it takes me 2 months to get my plans back home,
they are here now and each has taken a step forward.
They are all off Mr ToBeQuilted and ready for the finish line.

Judy L chose #9 for this month's UFO.
I thought that was last month but her list says #4.
So I guess mine for this month will be #4 which is my On The Road Quilt.


Check out all the fabulous design walls that are shared today at


2 comments:

Ramona said...

“On the Road” is gorgeous! The colors are so rich and vibrant. Yay! for getting quilts closer to the finish line!

Julie said...

What fun to get those projects basted and ready for quilting! That's the mode I am in right now. I had a quilt top I was staring at and found backing Friday and then while talking to a friend Sunday I realized the quilt is going to go to her. I am now motivated to finish it!