Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I Like Thursdays #24


I like watching Miss Clella Mae play soccer.
She is very serious about it and is on a team with other serious players
and they all know how to have fun while playing their best.

I like that we made it through the game with no rain!
I also like going out to lunch with her and her mom and 1 brother and her Grampa.


I like a good quilty weekend.
Start to finish Saturday and Sunday.
I also like marking a UFO off the list!


I like scrappy bindings on a scrappy quilt.
I save my extra binding pieces, 
sew them to the last piece and roll them up.
Pretty soon there is enough to bind a quilt.


I like this fun poster on the ceiling of the exam room at the doctor's office.
All is well but not much activity for a few days.


I got a bit bored just stitching binding so
I decided to start new socks to fill my down time.
I'm going to master the toe up socks if it kills me or
if I run out of yarn in my yarn stash.
Which is what I am trying to do.
When I think I'm close, I find another bag of yarn.



The passenger seat socks have the heels turned and the gusset complete.
Now it's just knit until it's time to decrease for the toes.
No thinking for me!
The fact that the stripes don't match doesn't bother me one little bit.


I got tired of sitting on the couch so I went into the sewing room.
After a good quilting project, 
my Big Brother machine needs a good cleaning.
He had a big family of dust bunnies living in there!
Now he's all clean, oiled and has a new needle ready for the next project.
What will it be???

Can you see the bobbin with the yellow thread?
I wound 10 bobbins for this quilt and this is all that's left.
9 1/2 bobbins! 
I love playing that crazy guessing game. 

Visit Not Afraid of Color to see who else Likes Thursdays. 




5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am glad all is well after the Dr visit...take it slow and heal completely. I keep thinking I am going to knit socks, then I find a great scarf pattern and use the sock yarn for it. Congrats on another UFO off the list.

Mary said...

Oh my a Dust Bunny family. Good to clean them out occasionally. I love scrappy bindings also. Best for a Scrap-Happy Quilt.

LA Paylor said...

love that quilting! And the knitting too. Get well

PaintedThread said...

The quilt looks lovely. Those socks look great! 9.5 bobbins - that's a lot!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love a scrappy binding, too! That is a great idea to sew the end of the last bit to what was leftover before! I may have to borrow that.