Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 15, 2018

Design Wall Monday

It was retreat weekend.
We had so much fun.
I had my projects and of the 5 I had planned,
4 were completed.


Project 1 was to make an apron for Granddaughter Stellie.
I've put this off way too long! 



#2 on the list was to make these heart blocks for a special project.
So cute!!



#3 was to frame these pinwheel blocks for a special baby quilt.
I have saved these pinwheels and was thrilled when I came across them and 
a baby quilt design popped in my head. 


Project 4 was was to work on this cute wall hanging.
I'm making it for Clella.
I'm going to put some of my Gramma's buttons on it for the centers of the flowers.
How fun to have something made by your Gramma that contains something from her Gramma!

We retreat at Royal Ridges.
I've been retreating here for 20 years. 
There were 6 horses up on the hill above the sewing room.


Every retreat I take a picture of this snag. 
It's fun to use it as a landmark. 
I'll be going back there in a few weeks,
I'm hoping the fall leaves are still there. 
See all the fabulous design walls this weeks at

Enjoy your week!

6 comments:

Ramona said...

You had a very productive retreat! The apron is adorable and your blocks will make beautiful quilts. I love the idea of using your grandmothers buttons on your granddaughter's quilt. It makes it extra special.

Nann said...

You advanced a lot of your projects on your retreat! Twenty years at the same place must be a record. I really like the basket blocks.

Annie said...

Yes, a VERY productive retreat! I know I would be quite pleased. The apron is super adorable. I imagine you are going to hear some squeals of delight from Miss Stellie. Love the colorful heart blocks. Looking forward to seeing that project. I adore pinwheels. These colorful ones are sure to make into a terrific baby quilt. And your wall hanging is super cute with the 3D effects. Adding Gramma buttons is a fantastic flower center detail with special meaning. How great to go to the same retreat time after time.

Julie said...

What fun progress on your projects at retreat! I wish Royal Ridges wasn't so far! I just can't manage during the school year. Good for you on making progress. Your trip home from the beach was great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awesome Progress!!!

Suzanne said...

Whoa...Super Woman! The retreat site looks wonderful. The apron came out so sweet.