Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Doing The Happy Dance!

2017 UFO Finish #3


This just  happens to be #3 on my Patchwork Times UFO Challenge list 
and the number for January.


I love all the colors in this quilt and the quilting makes me happy.
Each block is quilted different from the others.



The block backs were made from 5" squares that I won at a retreat.
I think it makes it's own fun quilt with lots of novelty prints.

I wish I could get an outside/better light photo but it is pouring buckets.
Melting snow and ice, flooded roads and general yuckiness outside.

Now I think I will build some mystery quilt blocks. 



14 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! Great finish. The colors in this quilt just glow. They are so rich and vibrant. Congrats!! It sounds like you have no choice but to stay inside and quilt. :)

swooze said...

Very pretty! Congrats on the finish.

Julie said...

I'm thrilled you have this finished! I LOVE the backing. What a fun idea to do the quilt as you go, even though I know it had it's challenges. I'm still trying to figure out which block I made! Yeah, it's yucky here too. Freezing rain this morning on top of snow packed roads so schools were canceled, even the University of Idaho and EWU closed. WSU canceled morning classes.

Melissa said...

Great finish! I think I finished my SWAN quilts, at least I don't think I have any more blocks on my ufo list! I should probably check. I need to get brave and try out the QAYG method.

scraphappy said...

Awesome finish! Such a great back too. Always fun to have something fun and use up lots of whatever you have on hand.

Annie said...

Judy, you are really crankin' out the finishes! I love it and I'm green with envy too. With the front and back it's like two quilts in one. You go girl! Rainy, windy and loads of water here in Northern Cali too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the finish... you are on a roll!

Terry said...

A beautiful finish! I love the purples. So nice to finish a quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on ANOTHER finish for 2017!!!

Jennie in GA said...

Great finish and clever use of blocks for backing. Good for you !!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Congratulations on your finish! I love how you varied the quilting from block to block!

AnnieO said...

Your smile is visible through the rain clouds, lol!

Kate said...

Congrats on a very pretty finish.

scraphappydenise said...

I love the way you used scrappy 9 patch blocks as your backing for quilt as you go blocks! congratulations on your finish.