Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, December 02, 2013

Design Wall Monday


Like oodles of quilters out there, I am working on Quiltville's newest mystery called Celtic Solstice.
Also like oodles of quilters out there, I am working on Christmas gifts.
That is why I only have 30 triangle in a square units complete.
Am I worried about that?
Goodness no.


Friday morning I had 4 littles here while their mom went shopping.
It was a good morning to cut while the olders watched a Cat In The Hat Christmas.
See the green bin in the background with the little cars?
That kept Little Mr. busy while I cut.
And it kept him away from my side of the table.
For a few minutes.
He's 2.


I wasn't sure if I'd like my substitute choices of Bonnie's colors.
I do.
I like them alot!
I'll have all of these sewn together before Friday rolls around.
Or maybe even Tuesday.

Today is a a busy day in Blogland.
I'm linking up with Patchwork Times and Quiltville.

I think I need another cup of coffee before I start to wander.


9 comments:

AnnieO said...

That's a bunch to watch! Mr Busy is a good nickname for a two year old! I like your color choices too :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Judy!
I'm also in the mysterie from Bonnie. And nice to see you and I choose the some colors!

Greetz from Holland,
Annemieke

Bonnie said...

Great job. No Celtic Solstice for me... I need to finish Carolina Christmas AND Easy Street. Neither is happening this year either. Great job on getting your fabs cut and ready to sew.

Ramona said...

I'm impressed that you could get any cutting done with a 2 year old! Your colors for the mystery are pretty. It will be fun to see what everyone chooses. I haven't made a Bonnie quilt... yet. :)

Mary said...

Hard choice to make and you chose to watch the Kiddos instead of shopping and got to sew. I'd call that a WIN WIN!

Quilter Kathy said...

Don't get lost in your wondering today... you have a lot of sewing to do!! *grin*

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I'm doing Bonnie's quilt too but I like to use "my" colors. Mine will be lime, lavender/purple, gold/yellow and aqua. I'm making half of the small quilt--so only 100 total Tri Recs blocks.

Andee said...

You are off to a great start on the mystery!

soscrappy said...

Oh, I do like those colors. Such a pretty combination.