Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Celtic Solstice Part 2 Cutting




Celtic Solstice Part 2 was released yesterday.
Me, being the procrastinator that I am, 
had to finish up some things for today so I couldn't start cutting.
Last night at 10, I finished.
I know!
Why do today what you can put off until the last minute!!

This morning at 0 dark 30, I wake up bright eyed and ready to start.
Only problem--there is a man in my house that will not leave to go hunting.
Come on, it's going to be daylight soon (in a couple hours), she says.
Finally, he's out the door and the cutting begins.


Browns are up first.
I love brown.
I love using up what I have and only having slivers left over.
Guess these won't be going into the scrap basket.

I read a Facebook post yesterday about using the June Taylor strip cutter.
Duh! I have one of those,
quick and easy work of those browns that I cut into 3 1/2" strips,
then zip, zip, zip,
they were cut to size.

The browns are now stacked into 2 nice, neat piles of hopefully equal amounts.
I'm going to do one side of this block at a time.
After I do a test block or 10. 
Probably 10 since I bundle in units of 10.


Next up are the neutrals.
I have oodles of 2 1/2" strips but not many 2" strips.
My dilemma this morning was to cut the strips or cut yardage.
(Isn't it wonderful that this decision is my big dilemma of the day!!)
I cut yardage.
I'll use those 2 1/2" strips in something that calls for them 
and I have lots of neutral yardage.
There is always the neutral scrap box that I could get out and go through.
But gosh, yardage is so neat and tidy.

Later today will be my pinks...
I can't wait.
I love pink.
And brown.
And neutral.
And purple.
And blue.

I can't wait to do Celtic Solstice Part 2 sewing!!
But first I must party with quilting friends.
Have a fun day.

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

So much fun... so little time!!

Mary said...

I wish I'd thought of using my June Taylor Ruler! Facebook is helping us with the Mystery, isn't it? I like seeing the guesses too. Makes me want to make another if they are wrong, but not right now. I've got more Chevrons to finish.