Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Knitting Report and Knitting Bags


Yesterday Judy L showed her knitting bags.
I thought it would be fun to show mine.
These are my to go bags.
This is one area in my life where I feel like I'm organized.

The purple bag has my dishcloth patterns with
2 balls of yarn and my patterns.
Included is the nail file, scissors and darning needle.
The green bag is my sock sack with a 
pair of Plain Jane, no thinking socks in progress and
the stuff I might need for my sock making.
 

This is the bag that stays by the recliner.
It holds the Rivel Cardigan and
the Hitchhiker in a separate zip bag, 
along with the little zipper bag of supplies
(and a place to drop the cable needle into so I can find it)
and the clip board with the pattern.
 

This is the bag full of Dreambird supplies.
It too will pretty much stay beside the recliner.
I'm sure there will be more things added to it as this project gets going.
  
I do have a few more project bags 
but they aren't working projects right now.
So I'm keeping them a secret.

This week's yarn stash report:
  • Used this week--1 skein on Rivel Cardigan
  • Used this month--2 skein
  • Added this week--0 skein
  • Added this month--1 skein
  • Net this month--1 skein
  • Total net--1 skein
I'll be linking up with Patchwork Times whenever Judy L is ready.

3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

It is fun to see what everyone carries in their knitting bags! Being rather new to the craft, my habits are just forming and it is really helpful for me to see what you experienced knitters do. I'm delighted to find that I pretty much am doing the same things organizationally.... keeping separate projects in their own bags, with some bags ready to go at the drop of a hat and some that stay next to my recliner for in-depth time at the needles :*) Thanks for sharing!

Granny said...

I love how you have your bags organized! Sometimes I just feel like working on socks or sometimes I feel like working on something else. So easy to have one bag you can grab and know what's in it and know that everything you need is in there. Good for you!

Barb in Mi said...

Looking good; wish I was that organized! Checking out everyone's knitting bags.