Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

What's On My Design Wall-Week 6


I'm writing this post in advance of Judy L's Design Wall Monday because Monday I will be at Crystal's with the kiddos while she and Mike go to her ultrasound and maybe do some running around.

I can't believe this is week 6 and I finally have something new on my design wall. It isn't a UFO and won't be. It's a tablerunner from the Moda Bake Shop called Sugar Cookies. I need to take it with me to my favorite quilt shop, Country Manor and get some fabric for the sashing and the border. I didn't know what I wanted to do with the charm pack when I bought it until I saw this. I'm hoping she has some of the red for the outer border. If she doesn't, she'll have something else that will work. I'm sure of it.

Week 2 and Week 5 had this beauty on my design wall and I am happy to report that it is put together and ready for quilting! I'm excited. I'm going to play with some free motion quilting, nothing too fancy because this needs to be done. So for my small group UFO challenge, I am going to call this one not quite done for the month. But gee, I do have until the 10th. I don't think I'm going to make it. Because I lost my mojo, I am a little behind in my UFO completion for the group. No worries though. I'll get it. After all, this one only took 8 years to get to this stage.

Oh, about the glove...I wanted to toss it but the tightwad in me says it's brand new and those things are like $5 a pair but he buys them by the dozen so they are a little cheaper. That is why I have a couple boxes of gloves....dirties that need to be washed 2 or 3 times to get them clean--yukkieness! and a box of clean. They are all the same so it's like having a clean sock basket only it's gloves.......... Do you have a sock basket???

7 comments:

Julia said...

Gorgeous work. I really like the picket fence, flower, bird house one!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Pretty table runner!
Congrats on finishing your row quilt!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhh I love the garden row quilt - I have always wanted one of those - guess I'd better get busy, eh?

We used to have a sock barrel - not a real barrel, but a big deep round tupperware where all the socks went when the kids were little and when someone was bored - well, mama had a cure for that - sort the sock barrel. Amazing how my kids stopped getting bored. LOL

Mrs Quilty said...

I love that table runner made with the charm packs! I am really into charm packs and have made bags with them (a lot) and am selling them actually...my website is BagbyBarbie.Wordpress.com.
Take a look and pass the info along if you will. Anyways, I tried to print out that pattern for that table runner and it won't print the directions, only the ingredients! Poo! Well, maybe I'll write it out cuz I really wanna make that tablerunner! I love your tulips and house that was on your design wall!! Keep Keeping on!

Unknown said...

Was the tablerunner quick to assemble? It's really cute!

Lori in South Dakota said...

my husband has a sock basket! He says as long as they're white--they match. And gloves, yes, we save them and wash them and often wear pairs that don't match. He's left handed and I'm right handed, so it works out pretty well in the end!

Shannon said...

I love both quilts!

We have a white sock basket/bag and a drawer. No one likes to pair socks and they rarely get matched and put away. I don't wear white socks for that reason. I'm a boot gal even in the summer. The kids won't even take a bribe to match them all up.