Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sisters Picture and Quiltathon

This is my Sisters Traveling Companion. Isn't she cute with all her outdoor quilt show wear. The hat, sunglasses, over the neck purse with the money that is burning a hole in her leg wanting to buy a new hat!!! We hadn't picked up out commerative water bottles yet. She is all set for the next one.

Today is the first day of a 2 day Quiltaton with Judy over at Patchwork Times. Since Vicki's quilt is finished (YeeHaw!), I am going to quilt my bargello from The Bargello Bowl we did in January at Quiltville Chat. The instructions for the Scrappy Bargello are at Quiltville. This is a fun quilt to make and I used a ton of my 2 1/2" strips on it. I had to make mine a little longer so it changed the design just a bit but I don't care, I'll use that part as the pillow cover and no one will be the wiser. It was a design opportunity!

So my washer and dishwasher are both running, the floors have been vacuumed and I am ready to get started. The only thing I will have to do is hang the load of clothes outside when they are finished and then bring them back in and put them away. I fold them as I take them down. Nothing like dried outside clothes to make you feel fresh.

The MP3 player is fully charged so it's time to get stitchin'!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: