Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quiltathon Success!!

Woo Hoo! My Scrappy Bargello is quilted. It did not make it into the UFO container. That's a biggie. I'd like to get the binding sewn on tomorrow so I can take it to Marian's on Wed. to finish it.

Thanks to Judy at Patchwork Times for holding the Quiltathon. Day 1 was fun. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. My Sister Sue showed up with my neice's quilt and we needed to have a major gab fest. So tomorrow I will make the back for that quilt and get it loaded. I am going to do a pantograph on it. I'm just not sure which one yet. Sue was gone for 5 minutes when my Dear Son, Doug drove in.

I don't get to see my working man very often but his SO and son weren't home for the evening so he decided to check up on his "Old Momma". Such a nice boy. It was fun to visit with just him. Usually we don't get to have these nice chats because there's always other people here.

I'm tired now so I think I'll go to bed to read for a couple minutes. TTFN
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh darn. I haven't seen my nephew in ages, and I missed him by just five minutes? Crapola. Give himi a major hug for me the next time he's around.

I'm excited to see what you do with Pootie's quilt. I can hardly wait, and of course neither can she!

Love you
Sue

Quilting Dispatcher said...

Judy:
Thanks so much for being one of the 5 first to leave a comment for my blog. Please send me your address to compassionatequilter@rocketmail.com, I have your gifts packed and ready to be sent to you.

Jean Kester