Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I Like Thursdays #23

 A full week of random stuff.


I canned applesauce this week.
The girls like apple scraps.


The hydrangeas need some fertilizer.
I'll look that up this week to see what to do with them.
I like finding a random bright blue among all the blossoms.


I love the blue sky and the green trees with the leaves starting to change color.


We thought the bees had all left.
They moved back home at some point. 


Daisy Dog refuses to look at me when I have the camera pointed at her.
She is a funny funny dog.


Cosmos from a seed package that was inside a box of Cheerios. 
We didn't think they would bloom because we planted them so late in the season.
Surprise!


When your screen saver reminds you of a quilting design,
you have to share it with your quilting friends.


Quilts in the new trailer make it feel so homey.

Thanks LeeAnna for the positive Thursday posts. 

8 comments:

Mary said...

I just let my Hydrangea plants grow. I'll have to go look for a random blue flower on mine. Love the trailer quilt and screen saver design.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy! Daisy Dog - I wonder why she won't look at you? I love dogs, quirks and all. I have always had luck with flower seeds growing, even when they were old and no one thought they would. I love seeing those Cosmos! And your quilt in the trailer looks fabulous - nice and homey. I have to take a picture of my desktop background image - it is totally quilt worthy! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

Thanks for being one of us! Your posts are so much fun to read, and I'm grateful for our friendship. Cosmos are lovely, Daisy is just tired of pup-arazzi
the bees came back! I remember watching a BBC show called Larkrise to Candleford, where the bees leaving created a catastrophe in the village but their return was a celebration.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have a fun post of so many things to like this week! Homemade applesauce - yum! Beautiful blue sky, and bees - how neat! And that picture of your dog cracks me up!

PaintedThread said...

Flower seeds in a Cheerios box. lol. That's great! I swear my guinea pigs know when the camera is out. lol Happy chickens. :-)

Suzanne said...

I have the same reaction as Daisy Dog...pretend I don't see a camera pointed at me. Quilts make any place feel more welcoming and comfortable.

Angie in SoCal said...

Great likes. Love the photo of the quilt and the quilting pattern suggestion - good idea.

Shannon said...

My dogs never want to have their picture taken either. As soon as I get out the camera, they move out of the cute pose and come nose at me.