Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

I Like Thursdays #8

My Likes for this week .


Miss Clella had a soccer game.
It's the first time we've been able to watch her on her new team.
Then out to lunch and after a walk to the yogurt shop for desert.


She's a very serious player.
Always concentrating.


I love my birthday present from daughter DeeDee.
The swinging scissors still catch me off guard.


I tried to get them to smile pretty but...
I guess I should have brought them a treat.


The wagon is getting fuller!
I really like Wave Petunias.


We plant roses to remember.
These were planted for Big Dog, DJ.


Wild flowers don't care. 
They just bloom where ever.


These roses have survived on this property for as long as I can remember.
Gramma had them planted on the side of the garage,
We had them planted over on the side of the driveway and they climbed the trees.
Now we have them in the lower yard climbing an old crusher screen.
I think Gramma would be pleased that they are still here.


This big thing is right off the front deck.
I never thought it would take over the yard.


My Mother's Day Fuschia.
A friend once told me to water daily and like a good Catholic, give them fish on Friday.
I've never forgotten that and that's how I take care of her.

I'm loving the I like Thursday posts.
You can find the list at Not Afraid of Color.

6 comments:

Ramona said...

All of your flowers are so pretty! I'd never heard that about a fuschia plant, but it certainly is working for you!

Suzanne said...

I have never heard the fish on Friday idea, except for Humans...thanks for sharing. I like multiple generation flowers...in my family, it is Iris bulbs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

All your flowers are so pretty! I really love roses. And that clock is really neat! Perfect for a quilter.

PaintedThread said...

Chickens! That clock is pretty nifty! I can see why you love it. Pretty flowers. All good stuff.

LA Paylor said...

what fish? fish meal? They are lush! In fact you must have the best soil and a green thumb as all your growing things are thriving. The chicken photo is so interesting. As art, it has five elements, repetition, random surprise with one going the opposite way. I think you could easily do this in fabric or paint.

I also like she sews bountifully.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow your plants are gorgeous. Love the clock, and your chickens are sweet.