Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

I Like Thursday #9

Some of this week's likes are from last week.


We headed to the beach again.
I don't do well at all on the freeway so I listen to my music and knit.
 (I'll sing to Ernie while I listen to my music since he doesn't like the radio on. 😏😏)
I like simple socks.
I don't want to have to follow a pattern or chart.


We found a great vet for Tony.
He had some lumps and bumps removed.
He's doing great but we had him wear the inflatable collar while we weren't home.
I love his expression! 
Really Mom!!!


I took fabric to cut and kit up.
I have a UFO that I'm sure is going to have it's number called soon.
I decided I want a square in a square border so I cut and cut and cut.
I probably have enough fabric cut for a 2nd border but not for this quilt.


This bag contains everything ready for a small quilt.
I'm anxious to get started on this one.


I like to use every inch of fabric.
On the left is my garbage bag, center is little scraps for Wild and Goosey.
On the right are strings and squares for my Scrap Users System.


While Tony was having his surgery, Ernie kept busy helping our friend Bill.
Ernie cut down 2 dead trees and chunked them up for firewood.
Bill is not a logger and was happy to haul the pieces away.
I like that these 2 are such great friends.

Back home to familiar sights, sounds and family activities!


We drove to town and got stopped in road construction.
This building is an old barn/milk house that has been there my whole life. 
I love the sliding door and the bricks.
It looks like it is still used. 


We were able to attend GranddaughterTaylor's high school graduation.
Grandson Ian also graduated in Texas. 


I picked up my Mischief Quilt blocks again.
I like no pressure stitching.


I like to can.
Clam Chowder base for the hubs.


Smoked clams and pinto beans.


Daisy and Jessie--best friends.

Visit other I Like posts that link with Not Afraid of Color.



7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am with you...do not like freeways. You have a nice "I like" list this week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have lots to like this week! I like your sock knitting - especially if they are simple. Can you recommend a simple pattern for me to learn from?

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy,
Oh my, that look on Tony's face! Poor puppy!! Love all your baggies of cut fabrics - they look fab. Aww, how exciting for high school graduation. Is she and he going on to school? And Daisy and Jessie being best friends is precious - it looks like you surprised Jessie. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Shannon said...

Your pups are so cute. So sorry tony has to wear the collar, better than the cone I think. I love your mischief blocks, they are very pretty. Your canning reminds me I still need to make jelly, I froze all the crabapple juice from last year and never got around to the jelly. Now we're almost back around to the season again, so maybe i'll just wait some more!

PaintedThread said...

Those Mischief Quilt blocks are great! Yay for the beach. And Tony's expression - LOL.

LA Paylor said...

I had so much fun here today! Thanks for the pictures. I'm like you on the plain knitted sock route. Soothing. And love the EPP blocks, no pressure is a good thing. I keep almost every last scrap too. The grad is sure happy with her parents? Great shot, you captured glee! We tried the inflatable and doesn't work on long necked dogs like poodles who just get around it. That last shot, adorbs.

Angie said...

That's a lot of canning … seems to be a lost art these days. The closest I've come lately is some plum jam we made last fall. Poor Tony - you're right - that look says a thousand words!