Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, June 28, 2018

I Like Thursday #11

In no order at all, here are this week's things I like.
We left for the beach last Monday.
I wrote my blog post before we left and posted it Thursday from my phone.
I tried to upload more photos from my phone but I was a failure. LOL


I try to send a beach picture to my friend Sue each time we are there.
Beach pictures never get old.


We spent time with 2 of our favorite people.
Pam has been my dear friend since high school.
We loaned her and Bill our chipper so they could clean up their new yard.
I think they had fun working so hard.


I love motorhome sewing!


We were driving around looking for bears but only found bunnies.
There are no bunnies in this picture.
Were you looking for bunnies? 


The poop deck is doing great,
thanks to Pam because she comes over and waters all the time for us.


Putting things up to head home.
The motorhome/bus looks lonely already.
Yes, that is an old school bus.


The kids are ready to roll!
My knitting bag and purse sit between my feet for easy access.
I need to passenger seat knit.


Back home on Friday meant I could sew like a crazed woman!
I finished this quilt.
This will go to the beach for outside sitting coziness.


We had a picnic at the park to celebrate Taylor's graduation.
I love finding selfies on my phone.!!


My sister Karen on the left, her daughter Katie and my daughter Crystal.


I spotted this on the shelter post.
I thought it was meant for Ernie and I. 


I tried machine piecing Castle Wall blocks.
I had been hand piecing these for a while and had 3 left to finish.
I should have tried machine piecing after the first 3!!


I really like audio books. 
I really like that I can download them for free from my library.
I really, really like the library.
This one was really good.

Check out everyone else's I Like Thursday at



5 comments:

Mary said...

The Bus turned Motor home looks freat. It isn't Yellow! Glad you can stitch at the Beach. You must have a 'Current' bush hidden close by. Usually there isn't a power cord long enough. Congrats to Taylor on her Graduation. She's a lovely girl.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy!
I agree that beach photos never, ever grow old. It's so nice that you can keep sewing in the motorhome when you visit the beach! That is cool!! I love the driver assistant in your picture of ready to roll - its job is taken very seriously, I see. Aww, how sweet that Taylor left you a fabulous selfie!! What a cute girl, and congrats to her on her graduation. I have not tried audio books yet but I love and adore our library!! I am so thankful for all the books I can read thanks to them.
Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I, too, am a fan of beach photos - really I can never get enough of the ocean, whether in person or in a photo! Your camper looks really amazing and it sounds like you have a lot of fun with it.

LA Paylor said...

what a pretty grad and fun idea to leave a selfie on someone's phone!
Gotta look for that book, love the title. LOVE having someone read to me!
I have to passenger seat knit or quilt too. Love the motor home!

PaintedThread said...

What fun likes! And I love that quilt!