Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I like Thursdays #6

This week's I Like Thursday will be about my favorite retreat place.
It's close to my home. 


I've been coming here for retreats for 20 years.
I take a picture of this snag (dead tree) every visit.
One day it will be on the ground.
I will be sad.


There is always a welcome sign.


I love these Turkens!
I need to add these to my flock. 

I discovered this almond butter.
I will be buying lots of this.


My dear friend and table mate, Marian. 
I sat staring at the snack table but did not indulge except the almond butter and veggies.
That was the toughest part of the whole retreat!!!


Friendship at meals.
I absolutely love these ladies and our time together!


The chaos that is the sewing room.
With 24 quilters, there is a lot of stuff!
But oh my, the inspiration is fabulous.


The walk up from the kitchen and cabins to the sewing room.


I love all the rail fences.


I love quilts on rail fences.


I love On Ringo Lake by the old steel wagon wheels.
See the cabin in the background.

I just love Royal Ridges Retreat!
I love that I have such a history at this place.
When I was a child, the owners of this property would take us to church 
and about once a month, we would come to their home for Sunday dinner.
The adults would adult and the kids would explore this great farm.
When the owners were elderly, they donated a huge section for a church retreat for children.
It became a huge success.
It's fun to see the buses full of retreaters in the summertime.
I know where they are headed and that they are going to have a blast.

See other I Like Thursday posts linked to 






8 comments:

Mary said...

I loved Retreating with Bonnie last year. Wish I lived closer so I could sleep in my own bed. Those Bunks weren't made for this older Quiltady. It's still Wednesday where I live, lol

Suzanne said...

I have only attended a knitting retreat, but it was so fun. Your Retreat place looks wonderful and welcoming.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

That retreat place looks so inviting. Enjoy! mary in Az

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a wonderful place for a quilting retreat! Looks beautiful, and lots of fun. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy,
What a fabulous place for a retreat! I would love to wander down that sewing room and stop at each place and see what was going on. And the walk to the cabins/kitchen looks like a fun place to explore. Is that your On Ringo Lake - it looks stunning.
Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your retreat looks fabulous. I grew up in Oregon I didn't realize that was so close, thought it looked kind of familiar territory wise. The On Ringo Lake is gorgeous.

PaintedThread said...

Looks like a wonderful time. The sewing room may have been chaos, but it must have been fun! I like your Ringo Lake colors.

Angie said...

I am not a quilter, but I have a sister and sister-in-law that are dedicated, and they share similar experiences as you have in this post. I think it is so important today for everyone to have a 'community' that binds them together. For me, I get a lot from fellow bloggers. And I am tickled pink to hear that kids are also benefiting from this beautiful location.