Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

I Like Thursdays #4

My week full of likes...


I like to have a simple project with me whenever we go.
I am a passenger seat knitter.
I hate the freeway so it's head down and knit, knit, knit.


I like this forest of greens.


I like scrappy binding.
I like to do binding.


I like that Granddaughter Taylor came to stay with us at the beach.


I like that she likes to spend time with her Grampa.


I like to have all my bobbins full.
This make it at good beach project so I don't have to do it at home.


I like flowers.
This little deck covers the septic tank at the beach place.
We call it the Poop Deck.
We don't know why it is 4-6" above the ground.
It's going to be so pretty when we get back there.
I like that our friends are willing to come over and water for us.


I like to embroider.
I'll turn this 1980's piece into a cute little wall hanging.


I like this view of the Columbia River.


I like that something as simple as a Follow Me sign puts a song in my head.


I really really liked Ricky Nelson. 💖


I really really like this picture!


Hubby has hooked up our daughter's trailer and 
it is now at the beach with our motorhome.
So excited!!!
And look at my gorgeous Pink Dogwood!

This couple lives down the road at the pond.
I stopped and looked for babies but didn't find any.


I have all my remaining blocks for Moda Be My Neighbor quilt kitted up,
ready to work on at retreat.


I like looking our my kitchen window and seeing the flag of our great nation.
Thank you honey!

Check out this all of this week's I Like Thursdays blog posts at


3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Poop deck. LOL Your knitting looks pretty. And I like binding, too. So many great likes!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy,
I had started this comment yesterday and must have gotten interrupted since I hasn't been submitted! Oops! I use those same clips for binding - they work great and I love hand sewing it down. What a sweet picture of your granddaughter and the puppy - LOVE! Even better with Grampa - double LOVE. I do not have an external bobbin winder, but it sure looks like a great idea. I fill two of mine at a time; then when it's time to fill them again I take the bobbin case out and clean it as best as I can. HAHA - the poop deck! Wow - I never knew that Ricky Nelson sang that song. Oddly enough my dad's name was Ozzie Nelson (I remember the show), and I remember someone asking me if he was THE Ozzie Nelson. I said yeah - looking at them like they were odd. I didn't connect those dots at all! HAHA! Lots of great likes!
~smile~ Roseanne

Angie said...

Your embroidery is so neat ... I am also a passenger-side crafter, which usually means cross-stitch. My husband does not like to be a passenger, which suits me just fine - I can't stand to just look out the window - I must have something to do with my hands! Poop Deck - Hahahaha!