Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Design Wall Monday


What a full, full week!
I picked up On Ringo Lake that my friend Jane quilted.
Lots of TV binding time and it's now finished.
Pictures next week after the reveal at retreat.
Of course there has to be a mistake that you find after the quilting is finished.
Thank goodness I'm not a perfectionist so it will not bother me that it's there.


Tuesday was a full day at home alone.
I picked up ORL and sewed the binding on
I made backs and bindings for this quilt and a baby quilt.
I pulled out the tables and got busy pin basting.
Before he came home, both quilts were basted and tables put away
and I was DONE! 
EXHAUSTED from a full day of taking major steps forward on 3 projects!! 
I'm hoping to start quilting this week but
retreat starts Thursday so that might not happen.


Needing another project to take to retreat, I pulled out my Moda Be My Neighbor UFO.
I'd seen one at the church where I picked up ORL and loved the way the sashings and borders were.
I decided to take my rows apart and add sashings.
I haven't worked on it since the November 2016 retreat.
The instructions were all printed, even some fabrics were chosen.
Now the last 5 blocks are kitted and ready to go.
I think it takes longer to choose and cut the fabric than it does to sew these awesome blocks.
It's fun to be excited about this UFO again.


I went to my favorite on line fabric store and bought the sashing fabric (It's a light gray)
 and 2 pieces for outer border, binding and back.
Maybe I can get the sashings cut before Thursday, just in case I get that far on the project.
I tell ya, I am in UFO busting mode!!


No sewing over the weekend because I was with these people while their parents
worked their booth at a craft fair.
What a fun, exhausting weekend we all had.


I got to sit outside and enjoy this view with my morning coffee.
Later in the day, friends brought their horses over to pasture.
I think it may have been the highlight of the kids weekend.
Enjoy your week.

Now I'm going to fill my cup and start visiting friends at 




5 comments:

AnnieO said...

UFO busting is good for the soul! I worked on some blocks last night, it felt great. Getting out those tables for basting is exhausting, I agree. Sweet Shorties shot--having visiting horses would have made my day too. Have a great retreat!

Mary said...

Fun fun! Can't wait to see your reveal. What mistake? I won't be looking for it. Lucky you to go to a May Retreat. Have lots of laughs!!

Bonnie said...

Wow -- you are a quilting machine. YEA! I've got a retreat this weekend too. My quilts are kitted and ready to go. I'm going to kit two pillowcases -- just in case someone else hasn't brought enough! I definitely will be -- bringing a few too many projects. But you never know. Have fun!

Suzanne said...

I liked making the Be My Neighbor quilt. I gifted it to my DIL last Christmas. Sounds like you are going to enjoy your retreat.

Julie said...

What fun projects and have fun at retreat! I wish I was going to be there with you! I only have a couple UFO's... yeah that's a good laugh!