Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I Like Thursdays #5


I'm really liking my enthusiasm towards getting my UFOs turned into FOs.


I like how much these 2 love each other!


Again, I like binding.
I don't like finding a mistake after the quilting is done.
I like that it doesn't really bother me. 


I like spending the weekend with these kiddos and Granddog Sadie..



I liked this conversation so much that I shared it on my Facebook page.

10 year old granddaughter is making cookies. I say it's probably a good idea to use a mixer instead of a wisk. She says I don't know how you guys did it way back in the 60s. I say we used a mixer. She says I didn't know you had electricity back then. Bahahahaha ðŸ’• ðŸ’• ðŸ’•

And then she tells her brother that she's making the cookies "the old fashioned way"! OMG, I'm dying inside. ðŸ˜‚😂

I think that means without the help of the Kitchen Aide mixer.
But Oh My Goodness, it was funny!!!


Friends brought over their horses and mule.
I believe this day was better than Christmas.
I really like this view!


I like to make bags.
I like Clover clips.
I'll share the bag photo next week.


I like repurposing things as flower pots.
I like Wave Petunias.
I can't wait to see how much these grow in the next couple weeks.


I'm headed out to quilt retreat for a few days.
I like that my projects are ready to start sewing on.
I like this rolling cart that houses my featherweight, iron, lamp and miscellaneous necessities.
I like that big Ikea zipper bag.
Inside are 4 quilts for show and tell.

Shenanigans are about to ensue!
I like that a lot!!!

See others sharing their I Like Thursday posts at 

8 comments:

Mary said...

I like to read your favorite likes... have fun at the Retreat. I;m close but not quite there.

Ramona said...

These sure are fun posts. Your retreat pile looks like you will be keeping busy! Enjoy!

Home Sewn By Us said...

JUDY!!! OMG - I didn't know you had electricity in the 60s?!!! OMG, that is just priceless. And a whisk to make cookies - that's a new one. heehee And the old fashioned way! HA! I can hardly wait for someone else to get here with me at work so I can read them the conversation. I love KIDS! And I love Clover clips, too - so darn handy and they don't poke and prick you like pins. Ooh, wave petunias - please share a photo in a couple weeks - I've been meaning to put those in. Have ever so much fun at the retreat, especially the shenanigans part (!!) and then share with us next week. {{Hugs}}
~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

what a terrific list! Lol about the olden days, when we chipped our wood for the oven and ground our own wheat. the pic of dog and man is priceless... love... I know that head tilt it warms my heart when Milo does it to me. I love binding too, and liked your comment that you don't like mistakes but like that you overlook them! Ha! terrific!
LeeAnna

Suzanne said...

I am laughing at your conversation too. Grandkids are the best! Have a wonderful creative retreat.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your wagon full of petunias is so much fun! I love binding, too, and am never too worried about finding mistakes in my quilts - sometimes you just have to let things go, don't you?! Enjoy your retreat sewing!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great likes! I like binding too! The kids and the cooking quote had me howling :D

PaintedThread said...

A ton of good likes! I have some of those clips - I love them. Ooh - finished stuff and quilt retreat. So many fun things!