Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Like Thursdays #1

Leanna at Not Afraid of Color does fabulous I Like Thursdays blog posts full of things she likes. She invited me to do the same, so here I am with my first post for I Like Thursdays.



We are empty nester people parents but no animal parents.
This is Polly Cat and Jessie, the spoiled rotten little dog.
It's hard not to like them. 


In our bus (motorhome), dogs sleep on the couch.
It's Tony's turn.
Daisy takes up all the floor. 
(Pardon hubby's shoes.)


I like to can.
This week I canned turkey in broth.
I pressure cooked a whole frozen turkey, and the next day I canned it.
I like to have good food on my pantry shelves.


I like to eat off of the fun plates I buy for my Grandkiddos.
This morning it was scrambled eggs off the fish plate.
Makes my day start with a smile and warm fuzzies in my heart.


I like my coffee.
I like my coffee in special cups.
This was a gift from my grands recent vacation.
"We got you a coffee cup from Cracker Barrel cuz it has a chicken on it." 💗


I like sunsets at the beach.


Final like for this week is knitting socks.
Oh, I also like a challenge.
It's a challenge for me to knit from a chart and I've always thought of cables as scary.
So my challenge for this pair of Orzival Socks is to conquer the chart
and just do the cables.
Which really are only cross overs and not big awesome cables. 😏

Be sure to watch her video at the end!

7 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Welcome! What a fabulous list. I like all those things, well I don't can but I love turkey and I don't have a motor home but if I did the dog would sleep on the bed with us! Lovely sunset and eating off pretty plates is important to me. Heck, you use them every day! Of course we want them to be pretty! LeeAnna

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you're joining us for I Like Thursday! I enjoyed your likes, especially the special plates and coffee mugs. I enjoy changing out my coffee mugs for the seasons. How fun to get special ones from your grands!

PaintedThread said...

Fun likes. The turkey in broth look delicious. Creative plates and mugs - meals should make you smile. :-)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy,
Welcome to the likes group! We are a friendly bunch looking for all the good stuff in life, and there is lots of good out there. Oh my, your animals are all so cute. Polly looks like she is young and inquisitive, and Jessie looks like he likes to cuddle. Your canned turkey in broth looks delicious, and that fish plate brings a smile to my face too. I am a huge coffee lover and I have a few special mugs that I use often. Boy that sunset is just gorgeous - God does amazing work. Thanks for sharing all of your likes with us today!
~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Hi Judy. Welcome to our group! Great post- lots of goodies! The plates are so cute. Darling cup and words from your grandkids. Looks like you live in a beautiful part of the country!.
mary in Az

Suzanne said...

A great idea for a weekly post!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Welcome to the I Like Gang! Your pups are cute. I love coffee....hate it when I can't find any. Sunsets are the best. Oh I am in awe, knitters are awesome.