Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Design Wall Monday


I've been watching Anina of Twiddletails on Instagram as she's sharing her Garden Party progress.
Soon I was chasing an old squirrel. 😎😎😎
I got mine out to lay out a few blocks just to see.
(I'm laying this one out straight instead of on point like my red one.)


I had planned to take this to our retreat that's coming up in a few week but
once I pulled it out, I just had to make a few blocks.
Soon I had my remaining 9 patches complete and started framing them.


I love setting up the next Triangle Gathering block for my leader/ender.
When I sew on my framing strips, I work in groups of 10.
Sew until one side is finished on all 10, 
grab a l/e to make progress on that block too.
Win, win!


Of course I had to make a Diamond Tile block from Bonnie's Addicted to Scraps column.
Are you sewing along?
Read her details here
I have a few more cut and ready to sew.
You all know I'm not starting any new projects, right?!?
Bahahaha

I'm headed over to have my morning coffee with Blogland friends at 
Enjoy your day~

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

I just love quilts with chain blocks. Yours look yummy! Enjoy.

Mary said...

Lol, the squirrels are running rampant at your house. Glad you get to go back for another Retreat. I have one in May with two friends. I can hardly wait!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Sorry, I made a boo-boo on my previous comment and deleted it! I had both you and Mary's blogs open to comment and and posted the wrong comment! Anyway, very cool progess and I had to laugh at your new project! I did not start that new Bonnie project, but I did cut out a new project for quilt retreat!

Judy Hansen said...

Bonnie's Diamond Tile block has sure taken off on the internet! I am trying hard not to be sucked in.....but it's hard to resist. Lol I like your blocks. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I appreciate you. Judy