Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 09, 2015

Design Wall Monday


This weekend was final retreat of the year.
This is my favorite spot to take a picture.
I try to remember to do it each retreat.


I planned to only work on Pineapple Crazy. 
I finished 11 blocks.
I wanted to finish at least 15, but
I did a whole lot of talking instead. 


Part of my talking was about the new Block of the Week I've started.
This book is serving double duty, Millefiore and BOW.
This is going to be fun!!!
I hadn't started the flower hexi and cut and basted the fabrics there.
Then I showed it to my friend Sharlene and she said to change it to this setting.
She is so smart!
I stitched it last night and I love it.


We also had a strip swap and I do the swapping.
We had 6 different swaps.
We had some fabulous fabrics!
Too bad the picture is so dark.
I'm excited to add them to what I already have.

So with all the chatting, laughing and having fun,
plus the swapping, games, prizes and a bit of sewing, 
I had a pretty fabulous weekend!

See some fabulous design walls at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad you were having so much fun at retreat. I'm sure those last few blocks will get finished up in no time at all.

Mary said...

Sorry I missed all of Sonja's Retreats this year. Next year I'm coming!!!! Glad you could talk and have fun while sewing your projects.

Kate said...

Progress is progress even if it's not as much as you like. Sounds like you had lots of fun, which coupled with progress is a pretty fantastic weekend. Love your pineapple blocks and the hexies.

Gayle Bong said...

It does sound like a fabulous time. I might be feeling a bit jealous here.

Julie said...

What fun! I leave for retreat Thursday, my fifth one of the year! I just got back from a trip so tomorrow will be crazy getting ready to go. I love your pineapple blocks! The retreats there sound so fun, but it's too far to drive. Bummer!