Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Design Wall Monday


I have been on a mission to get my Pineapple Crazy blocks finished. After the last 2 retreats, I had completed 23 blocks. Friday and Saturday I made 7 more and added 5 more border blocks for a total of 180 and 30.

 Last week I said I did a lot of talking at retreat. Yesterday I proved it to myself. I decided to make it a Sunday Sew Day and that is what I did. I pulled out 10 more papers and got busy! Ernie warmed up leftovers for lunch and he cooked fish for dinner. I sewed.  By the time I was done at the machine, I have 2 more rounds to go on these 10 blocks. How great would it be if I could finish these 10 and 10 more to be at 200 blocks! I feel like I am on the fast track now.  This is my long term project and I see the light at the end of the tunnel.


I'm also pretty excited about Millefiore! This is my Rosette 4, I have #5 already finished and plans and fabric pulled for #6. I am working round 2 now and having fun choosing the fabrics. I start each block with a color combination in my head, pull the fabrics in those colors and then I get to play. Each round is bringing in new fabrics. It's so much fun pulling these from my stash. Are you like me and the fabrics already in the stash are considered to be free??? Another of the silly games I play.

Did you notice the PC block on the left has the same paisley as the diamonds in Millie? That fat quarter is full of holes and is now in the PC bucket.

See what's happening in Blogland today at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I just love the pineapple blocks and really want to make some, but then I read about how long it takes you to sew the blocks together. They are beautiful and so much fun to look at. One day!!!

Melissa said...

wow! You are so close to having all the blocks done! I can't wait to see it altogether, it's been fun watching this project grow.

Bonnie said...

Oh yes, I surely do play "mind" games using up stash. Once something hits the stash it is free fabric. Works for me! Your pineapple blocks are coming along nicely. And, oh those Millefiore blocks. Spectacular.

Mary said...

Whatever works to get in your sewing time! Games and DH cooking. Lucky you!!!

Mary said...

Whatever works to get in your sewing time! Games and DH cooking. Lucky you!!!