Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 01, 2012

Design Wall Monday



This weekend I put away the Hawaiian Sunset bin project to work on these Sow-A-Long blocks.  I've been pretty good about staying caught up with this project and want to continue to do so.  Then there is the Carol Doak mystery BOM that needs done and the block of the week at Grandmother's Choice that I want to catch up on.  


I have been making 2 sets of blocks for the Sow-A-Long, one set is pink and brown and the other is from my scrap bags.  I am making a nice sized wall quilt from the pink and brown blocks and have all the blocks I need for that.  Yesterday I started laying them out.  I am using a cardboard folding cutting mat with a flannel backed table clothe over it as my design wall.  That lays on top of the longarm rails.  It was quite handy until... Mr. Naughty aka Turbo decided it was an awesome place to take a nap.  He buckled the cardboard and rearranged the blocks!  And he is giving me THAT look....Oh you know what he's saying......... Stinker!  So now, I will rearrange the blocks and close the door when I leave the room until they are sewn together!

What's on your design wall?  See what others are working on at Patchwork Times.  I love Monday in Blogland!!

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like Turbo has adopted the quilt as his own! The colors complement his coat very well. ;oD

Julianne said...

very cute cat...I never thought of doing two at time with a sow-a-long. I always end up with my blocks half done and get inspired by someone else's choices...lets just say I have given some very interesting QOV and Children s Hsp quilts. Funny what 6 blocks can be..

Sue Daurio said...

Oh man seeing double :) Great blocks and look how much Turbo loves the blocks for the wall hanging, he's got good taste!

scraphappy said...

Glad you are staying caught up. It is always easier to start than to follow through. Looks like it is going to be a pair of pretty quilts.

Dar said...

Your pink and brown blocks are great looking. Turbo is just putting his stamp of approval on them too. Maybe he needs a new quilt to decorate his napping spot.

Quilter Kathy said...

Mr. Naughty had a different layout in mind! Maybe he secretly wants to be a quilter?!

Mary said...

I like the Brown and Pink combo a lot! Have a great October keeping up with your Sow-along.

Gari in AL said...

And this is why my studio is in another building: no animals allowed. For the first time in two years I am up to date with my BOMs. Of course I am not trying to do as many. I may even get back to one I started last year....or not.