Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday


This Memorial Weekend my sewing time has been spent on this donation quilt for the VA Hospital, here in SW Washington.  Makes my weekend quite special as I think of all the men and women that have fought for our freedom.  

I'm using the free Boxy Stars pattern from Quiltville.  During retreat last week, I had planned to get the blocks all done but that didn't work out.  Some of these blocks were made my my friend, Sonya during retreat.  Now I will get the sashing, cornerstones and borders cut and this top will be handed off for the quilting and binding.  I hope it makes someone feel special.  Because in my eyes, they are.



10 comments:

Annie said...

This is going to be such a great quilt! I love the backgrounds behind those stars. It really makes those stars pop. So generous of you to make this quilt to donate to such a worthy cause!

Susan said...

Someone is going to be thrilled to receive this quilt.......

A grand way to spend Memorial Day.

Nancy said...

I agree with Annie that your background is perfect, making the stars the focal point.

Gari in AL said...

Great use of your Memorial Weekend time.

Quilter Kathy said...

Perfect way to spend today!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful and what a perfect way to spend your weekend Sharon!

Judy D in AZ said...

What an awesome way to celebrate our freedom and this holiday. This quilt will warm some veteran's heart.

Melinda said...

I love Bonnie's patterns. Yours is turning out great. I just finished my Scrappy Bargello and am starting Smokey Mountain Stars. Fun!

Vicki H. said...

Beautiful quilt and for some wonderful people!

soscrappy said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the way your color choices make the stars pop.