Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Finally Finished!

Sometimes I feel like the least dedicated quilter there is.  But then I look at Mt. ToBeQuilted and I realize I am a dedicated top maker.  All the quilt designs are like shiny pennies, I must have them.

I'm on a mission now to make room for more tops on the mountain.  This morning I finally put the binding on Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  I finished the quilting on this March 6th and folded it up all nice and neat with the binding tucked safely inside for the next rainy day.  Ha!  It's been raining off and on for weeks.

But now it's finished.  It's mine.  I don't mind having my binding stitched down with a triple zig zag so that's what I did.  I had a partial spool of some beautiful King Tut green thread and thought there would be plenty to stitch the binding with.  Wrong, I ran out about half way through.  So I picked up another participial spool of a different green, used all of it and put on spool #3.  I also don't mind  using up thread.  That's 2 more empties to add to the spool bag.

Thanks Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for another fabulous mystery quilt design.  I can't wait for the next mystery.  Hopefully I'll have the last mystery quilted and bound by then....or not.  I'll still do it.

This morning has been very productive.  Now I will get to that quilt for the hunting club because I probably shouldn't put that off any longer.

5 comments:

fancystitching said...

It did turn out WONDERFUL! I downloaded the directions, but never got started on mine. I usually hate mystery quilts... the patterns usually turn out so simple looking. But you can NOT say that about Bonnie's mysteries. They are always wonderful. Congrats on a great finish! Now go celebrate with something... chocolate?

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment!

Andee said...

It looks great! Worth the wait!

Annie said...

Judy, could you please hold that quilt up so I can have a better look at it... It looks wonderful! And laying there like it is, it looks really really comfy to curl up under. Love the colors too!

Diane said...

beautiful quilt! being a dedicated quilt top maker is not a bad thing! have fun making a dent in the mountain!