Tuesday, January 25, 2011
The front and back of Maemae's sweater is complete. I was ready to cast on the sleeves but I got sidetracked (again!) by hats.
I have a little knitting bag that I keep in my purse with a project of some kind. This time it was a hat for Maemae (aka The Hat Model) and while in the car the other day, I got to the almost finished stage so I decided to finish it. I really wish I would have made it longer but she loves it!
Not wanting the brothers to be left out, I cast on the Thorpe hat (on the right) for Leland. This was done in a couple days. It is a top down pattern-my first and my first time making i cord which is very fun to make. Here's the short video where I learned how to make it. Then on the left is Elliot's hat in progress using my favorite Gotcha Covered pattern. (Here's a great post I just found about the Thorpe hat with some modifications. )
All 3 hats were made using stash yarn.....I think I have enough yarn for 47 more hats! But I think when Elliot's hat and Maemae's sweater are finished, I'm going back to socks......I'm still ignoring my sweater.