Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finishes #3 and #4


I can't believe how much I was able to finish this week! I am loving my Focus on Four list! These two baby quilts were on my list to finish and they are now taking a bath in the washer.

Finish #3, The Tumbler Quilt was pieced in September 2010 using pieces that were cut with the GO! 6 1/2" Tumbler die. I still have lots of these little gems left to use, some string pieces and some solids. This is definitely going on my list for a new top soon.

A few years ago, Gloria (oh please let my memory be correct!) gave me this little quilt top that I named 4 Patches and Flowers, to finish for a charity quilt. I promptly put it on Mt. ToBeQuilted and there it has layed all this time. (Gloria, call me if this is wrong!!)


Flannel and Minkie make up this fabulously cuddly little quilt that will go to a deserving little girl. The back has a very light lavender Minkie and the whole quilt is just so soft and smooshie.

It feels so good to be marking things off my Focus on Four list. Today I hope to mark off some sew along quilt blocks.....like maybe 4 of them!!! I picked 4 because that's how many I am behind and if I hurry and get them finished, I can put 2 new blocks on my list for this week. Oh yes, there is a method to my madness~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, I love how you get your motto working - and are reducing your Mt ToBeQuilted. And these are real cute tops! Way to go, Judy! 4 finishes on January 23 = AWESOME!

Cathy said...

Good for you! The 4 patch quilt is so cute! And I love the tumblers, so very bright, happy and fun.

Nancy said...

Both finishes are fun and look cuddly. Nice Job

I need to make a Focus List.

scraphappy said...

Way to go on two great finishes. So fun to be able to focus and cross things off the list.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo, gotta love a finished quilt. Keep up the good work and soon you will be all caught up.

Linda said...

Good for you! Two more finished! I'm jealous! I want to quilt some of mine but don't have time until I finish some piecing of my UFO's first. Not enough time to do it all...

Tracy said...

I love those bright colors! I have a GO cutter but haven't gottent the tumbler die...yet! After seeing your quilt, I am definitely getting it!