Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Knitting Report

Since I finished Ernie's socks last week (which by the way he loves and has worn several times even though they are huge, they keep his feet warm), I have gotten out the sweater that I started last year. I decided to take it off the needles and start over. Well, you know there had to be a problem~why must there always be a problem???~the pattern is no where to be found. I have no clue what happened to it.

I looked and looked online and at the library but did not find the book the pattern came from (mostly because I can't remember which book it came from). After looking online for a similar pattern and starting over, I quit that one too. Yesterday we went to town and I did a quick stop at JoAnn's thinking they might have the darn book I have been obsessing about but no they didn't. They did have the one in the photo. Paton's Next Step Three, Create Your Own Cardigan. After another customer raved about this book and having a coupon, I bought it.

Last night I sat down and started reading and then I started on my sweater~the one shown on the cover (I think I will call it Third Time's A Charm). I made some serious (for me) progress and can't wait to work on it again tonight. I am so slow at the purl stitch though but maybe by the time this is finished, I'll be a speedy purler. Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

You did make some serious progress in just one night. Good job!

fancystitching said...

Why do those patterns like to play Hide and Seek with us?? This is really looking good! Love the color of that yarn.

Kat

Cathy said...

That looks like it will be a warm and cosy sweater to wrap up in. I love the colour of the wool you are using. I have things like that which go missing in my house all the time. I remember as a kid, reading a series of books about "The Borrowers", who are teeney tiny little people that live in peoples' houses, and "borrow" things. Maybe that's where your pattern went. LOL