Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

555 And A Pair Of Socks


555! This is post number 555! Never in a kabillion years did I think I had so much to say but evidently I do......not that it matters much to too many people but it's my diary so I say it.

I finished my blue socks tonight and they look funny in this picture. I haven't even tried them on yet, that's how tired I am. I have cast on the yarn for Ernie's very first pair of hand knit socks and tomorrow I will cast the yarn on again. I didn't do a very good job because~~~yes, I am tired. At least I knew when to stop knitting.....

I am patiently watching the clock right now so I can give him his pain pill. Today was a trip to town to see the Physical Therapist. Town trips are very tiring when you have a new knee. We stopped at the farm store for dog and chicken food, then came home and rested for a while, had a light dinner, listened to the tv while he read and I knitted.

Tomorrow I need to do some stuff......you know, house stuff. I want to cook a real meal, bake some bread and maybe some chocolate chip cookies......of course I could change my mind when it gets light outside again and just sit in my chair and knit. But first, I want to sleep.........

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Great socks. I hope they fit. Knowing when to stop can be a real blessing. I'm sure the casting on will be a breeze in the morning.

Julia said...

They look warm and comfy to me!