Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 31, 2010

What's Happening On The Farm


Today is one of those days when you have to hurry to get anything done outside. We hadn't put anything at all in the garden. It's been too wet and too cold. Today we decided to bite the bullet and put something in. We got 12 tomato plants, a jalapeno pepper, 2 bell peppers and a cucumber plant. It's official, I now have a garden. I have 2 dozen broccoli plants and 10 other tomato plants on my kitchen window sill that will get put outside during the next few days to harden and by the weekend they will also be planted. They will either make it or not!

Miss Oprah is broody. And she is grouchy! She doesn't want to give up the egg but she has to. I left her a lavender golf ball to sit on. Maybe that's why she's grouchy. I thought another hen was going to be broody but she would rather play outside than sit in the house all day.

Here is what I sewed today. The latest Moose on the Porch Jelly Roll Sampler block is done. This is one of the times I say yuk....not my favorite fabrics. These blue pieces were in the bag of 2 1/2" strips and pieces. I usually like wonkieness but this time, not so much. So I'm not sure this block is a keeper. And then there is that seam that won't line up. After 4 times, I called it finished~

3 comments:

Julia said...

I love your blog. There's always such interesting things to read about. Thank goodness, we were able to get our garden out a few weeks ago. Everything seems to be growing well!
Your square is great and so perfectly done.

fancystitching said...

I wish you could send some of your "wet and cold" to us in LA... we desperately need rain, and today it was 98 degrees!! Your garden looks great!

Kat

Diane said...

your garden is looking good. poor chicken sitting on a golf ball. She's a pretty chicken tho'
I like the look of your block, but understand what your saying, sometimes I just don't like the way one will turn out it's just a personal thing.