Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Design Wall Monday



After several days on the design wall, I am starting to really like the hexagons. I wasn't too sure in the beginning. I think adding a few lights and the bright orange is helping.

I'm thinking I will mix them up instead of setting each design in rows like Julie is showing in the hexagon quilt along. Plus I had to make a few of the cubes. Will I use them? I don't know. Should I or not??? I'm thinking they will make their way into the quilt.

All of my strips are sewn together and cut into triangles. It's nice that I can sit down and make one or 2 then get up and do something else.

Go Monday morning means I need to grab a cup of coffee and head over to Judy L's and check on my friends . I love Monday morning in blogland.....it's a happy place.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Wonderful hexagons - this is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Teaquilts said...

Love your hexagons! I may have to start the sew along. Thanks for sharing the link.

Angie in SoCal said...

I like those cubes in there - they are a nice surprise as I move my eyes over your wonderful blocks and the brights just make it sparkle. Gonna be a great quilt!

Diane said...

this is going to be a wonderful quilt, the orange adds a nice 'pop'
really liking it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Monday in blogland!
I love seeing all these mixed hexxie quilts in blogland.
I have a hex quilt somewhere in the closet and must get it out!

Barb in Mi said...

Great hexagons! You're right: it's a hexagone week, but aren't they fun?

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Hey Neighbor, SW Washington here too. Happy Quilting, Sharyn