Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, March 02, 2009

What Happened to the Weekend?



Some weekends fly by. I have no idea where the weekend went. When the alarm went off this morning, I wondered why we had to get up so darn early on Sunday! It took quite a while to figure out it really was Monday. Saturday was spent with Taylor. We made cookies for Grampa then Grampa took us out to dinner and shopping. She was in bed right around 9 and we weren't too far behind her. Another exciting Saturday night!!

How do you like my latest art piece designed by Miss Taylor? It is very cool looking and is hanging right here by my computer. Aren't pipe cleaners great!


I didn't sleep worth a darn and was up very early. I played on the computer and did some fabric cutting. When directions call for 2 2" x 7" rectangles, they really do want 2! I'm sure glad I caught that before I started sewing. Then the rest of the day was spent with family and supervising the assembly of a new computer cabinet.

You remember I wasn't starting anything new??? Forget I ever said that! Judy at Patchwork Times is doing a Stash Project. I have stash, I like a project. Especially when you just go in and pull fabrics. This time I kind of went with mostly tone on tone or there about fabrics. I had a lot more of these that I thought I did. Lots of fat quarters. So I cut my pieces and patiently waited for today's post. Then I sat down and sewed all of my blocks and am now patiently waiting for her next instructions. I already have a plan for my next quilt like this!

Now I am headed outside for a while. We are supposed to get a week of rain and I want to get some things cleaned up before it starts. We all know that a week of rain could turn into a month of rain around here. But all the rain keeps us very green and gorgeous! And I have a few projects to work on.

2 comments:

Cherold said...

I love your blocks...can't wait to see it finished!

hugs,
Cheri

Vickie said...

wow I love your toning on your blocks they look great.
cheers Vickie